Wanting to make another hat in my newest design, I found two partial balls of brown cotton yarn. Well, I ran out of brown yarn. Not wanting to add to my growing stash of partial balls/skeins of yarn (and save a trip to the yarn store), I found some black cotton yarn and continued with the hat. The effect was pleasing, at least to me.
I also changed the brim to match the stitch pattern of the crown.
Still working on the pattern - this time with the new brim. If you missed my original post - see it here. I'm still accepting name suggestions for the hat with the originator of the name to receive the pattern as a prize. Post your ideas for the name of this hat to either this post or the original post.