2012-07-16

I ran out of brown...

 
 
Wanting to make another hat in my newest design, I found two partial balls of brown cotton yarn.  Well, I ran out of brown yarn.  Not wanting to add to my growing stash of partial balls/skeins of yarn (and save a trip to the yarn store), I found some black cotton yarn and continued with the hat.  The effect was pleasing, at least to me.  

I also changed the brim to match the stitch pattern of the crown.

Still working on the pattern - this time with the new brim.  If you missed my original post - see it here.  I'm still accepting name suggestions for the hat with the originator of the name to receive the pattern as a prize.  Post your ideas for the name of this hat to either this post or the original post.

8 comments:

Sia said...

Glad that your leg is better! The combination of brown and black, too much! Maybe someday I'll learn to crochet knit hats)

Lily said...

Your brown hat is so lovely, and I love it with that dark part. I really want to help you find a name for your design. You know this design seems to me as it is rain drop, or teardrop what about that. (raindrop cap)or (teardrop cap)? Hope you find a name for your design.

Joana said...

Beautiful hats.
Joana

NewLifestyle said...

I really like this! The two colors are what set the hat off. I would work this one in two colors all the time!

NewLifestyle said...

I really like this! The two colors are what set the hat off. I would work this one in two colors all the time!

Unknown said...

Woo, this is a beautiful hat!!
really liked the design, will try to knit this hat

Wyverntales said...

I think this hat is pretty cool. Sometimes we have to improvise and often it can become something else sometimes even better. I like graduating colours, from light to dark for example. Sometimes it can be funky to have contrasting colours, or just be random, yet when they graduate by tones it has a very different affect. I think it works really well in this case. Not sure on a name but the texture reminded me at first, of the skin of the fruit named Lychee. :)The fruit has a more random texture though. The visor/peak addition would help in shielding eyes from light, extra protection for the eyes. Playing with words, hat, cap, textured, shade. Textured crocheted cap. Lychee cap? Haha not so sure. Good luck in finding the right name.

abdullah-blogs said...

This is such a nice addition thanks!!!
غلا الروح
شات
صوتي
شات صوتي
شات الغلا
صوتية الغلا
غلا الصوتيه
شات الروح
شات صوتي غلا
شات صوتي
شات غلا
إشتراكات الصوتي
فعاليات الصوتي
برامج صوتيه
شات صوتي