2009-06-29

We're gonig to the Fair!

I discovered PLARN (PLastic yARN) a couple of years ago and have had some fun with it...

In case you're not familiar with PLARN, it's plastic yarn made from those plastic shopping bags you get at your local retailer. Instead of throwing them away, I reuse, recycle or upcycle them. In this case, you might call this an upcycle.

Tomorrow, I'll be entering the one-day contest "Recycled Wearable Art" at the San Diego County Fair. Here's what I'll be entering
:



Yes, they're wearable!


This particular PLARN is from The Home Depot!

There is no pattern for these - I just winged it!

Oh, did I say that contestants get into the Fair for FREE?!! An added bonus!

5 comments:

Karla said...

Congrats. I hope that you enjoy your visit to the fair.

CrochetDad said...

Yes, we DID enjoy our visit to the Fair. My sandals came in second in the "Clothing" category!

Jennifer said...

I really like your sandals and would love to make a pair, and am wondering if you would please make a pattern for them, because I have been looking everywhere on the internet and have yet to find a pattern for plarn sandals. I would really appriciate it if you made a pattern. thxs for your time
Jen

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.